Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
December 12, 2018
Newsletter Sign-up
Sign-up for newsletter & email updates
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated On: Mar 02, 2016
  1. How do I change my mailing address?
    Contact the Trust Fund office at (707) 526-1996. 

  2. How many hours are required to initiate eligibility for coverage?
    An active employee must have accumulated a minimum of 500 hours. Coverage is to be effective on the first day of the second month after that month in which this eligibility requirement is satisfied. Example: You reach 500 hours in the month of August; your coverage begins October 1st. 

  3. How many hours are required to maintain coverage?
    After qualifying for initial eligibility, a charge for coverage shall be 125 hours per month against the person's accumulated reserve hours, until insufficient hours remain in their reserve. Hours worked in one month shall not apply toward coverage in the next month, but in the second following month. If you fall below 125 hours worked in one month, you can draw from your reserve hour bank to continue eligibility. 

  4. How do I discover how many hours I've accrued in my reserve bank?
    Contact the Trust Fund office at (707) 526-1996. 

  5. What benefits are included with the coverage?
    Your coverage includes Medical, Prescription Drugs, Dental, Vision Care, Member Assistance Program and a Life Insurance policy of $5,000. All participants and their eligible family members have dental coverage with the Delta Dental Plan of California, vision coverage with Vision Service Plan, member assistance program with PacifiCare Behavioral Health and Life Insurance with PacifiCare. 

  6. What Medical Plans are available?
    There are two medical plans available to choose from (request further information on any or all of these plans at the Trust Fund office):

    • The Blue Shield Medical Plan (PPO)
    • The KAISER Medical Plan (HMO)  
  7. How do I receive a list of Providers who participant in each Medical Plan, Delta Dental Plan, Vision Service Plan and/or PacifiCare?
    You can link to each individual website provided on the Insurance Carrier links in the Health & Welfare Plan options or request this information at the Trust Fund Office by calling (707) 526-1996.  For PacifiCare benefits, please call (877) 22-LABOR (52267) to access benefit information. 

  8. When is Open Enrollment?
    You are permitted to make your annual election to change your medical plan at any time during the year. Subject to any HIPAA Special Enrollment rights you may have (see page 26), you will not be able to change medical plans during the consecutive twelve-month period following the date of your election.

Site Search
Site Map
RSS Feeds
Important Links
IBEW Local 551
IBEW Pension
NECA - National Electrical Contractors Association
Redwood Empire Joint Apprenticeship & Training
National Electrical Benefit Fund
<< December 2018 >>
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Contact Congress!
Enter Zip code:
Weather Report
Redwood Empire Electrical Workers
Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image